Autumn is the time for overseeding warm season grasses, but when turf is mowed closely prior to seeding, it can cause significant dry down. This practice, while important for getting good seed/soil contact, increases the effect of water repellency. This heightened repellency can make it difficult for turf to grow and can lead to wasted water and grass seed.
Soil surfactants overcome water repellency, enhance water infiltration, and ensure that applied water wets the soil and seed evenly for quicker, more uniform turf germination and establishment.
Results You Can Expect To See
- Reduce seedling mortality by optimizing hydration and water distribution.
- Provide optimum environment for increased seed germination.
- Reduce erosion or movement of seed by run-off.
- Better distribution of nutrients for uniform establishment and growth.
- Continued establishment and growth due to proper air to water ratios in the soil.
Inject or spray Aquatrols Dispatch, to ensure good water penetration and uniform rootzone moisture. Start prior to overseeding and re-apply every 2 weeks during establishment.
Send an e-mail or photograph to jyri.kaapro@Envu.com if you have any experiences of turf with either of these symptoms.
To find out more information, reach out to our team.